- Serving others- I live a very comfortable life, never have I had to worry about when I will eat next or where I will sleep. Therefore, I feel as if I have a duty to give back to people who never had what I was blessed with. I’m able bodied and happy to be able to help anyone in any way that I can.
- Spanish- I am currently studying Spanish here at CMU. It is the one major/ minor I haven’t changed yet because I’ve loved it from the start. The world is made up of so many different people who speak so many different languages. It’s important to me to be able to communicate and build relationships with as many people as I can. Having the ability to speak two languages makes that dream even more attainable.
- Latin culture- The language, colors, food, music, history, traditions, and dances, this is what made me fall in love with the Latin culture. There is such vibrance in life. Someday I hope to either live or work in Latin America to experience for myself all it has to offer.
- Literature- Reading has always been and always will be my favorite past time. There is something about being able to lose yourself in another world and put yourself in someone else’s life, real or fictional, that is just magical. Literature is a way to someones heart and shows their soul.
- The Christian faith- My faith is the foundation of who I am. Listening to God and the Bible is how I’ve gotten to this point in my life where I feel comfortable sharing my faith with others. It has set my morals and made me a better person. It’s a goal of mine to touch as many people as I can through God’s love.
- Friends and Family- If not for my friends and family and those in my life whom I love, I could not say I’d be as decent of a human being. You can learn a lot from those you care about and you learn a lot about how far you would go to make another person happy.
- Nature- God made us a beautiful place to live and I hope to keep it beautiful. I love to sit under a tree and read a book, to go kayaking down a river, to watch the sun set over the sand dunes, to lay in the grass of my back yard, and to smell the flowers as spring comes. Nature is the purest and most effortless form of beauty.
- Travel- I grew up in a very small and conservative town (which I wouldn’t change for the world) and I experienced little culture. I desire to see the world and all the people who live in it. I come from a small corner of the Earth and God has created such amazing things, I feel it a duty to see and appreciate it all.
- Spontaneity- Life without random adventures is boring. I want to live on a whim, being spontaneous with my friends and family. Making new memories everyday, because I only live once and I was given a great life that I want to spend well.